Who doesn’t love turkey? Hardly anyone, right! Not only the time of relishing it with friends and family is precious, but the process of cooking it is as fun-filled and memorable. The best part about preparing a mouth-watering turkey is that the traditional way of frying it deep in burning oil is more of history now. We thankfully have some amazing options for those who wish to enjoy every bite of the turkey meat without gaining those extra calories. This option is the availability of oil-free turkey fryers in the market.
Here is how you can cook a fabulous turkey in such fryers and please your loved ones on special occasions.
Before starting the preparation, ensure that you are well-stocked with items like:
- 1 defrosted 12-14 lb. turkey
- 1 quartered onion
- 1 sliced lemon
- 10 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tbsp Creole seasonings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Method of preparation
Once you are ready with all the ingredients, here is how you need to get started:
- The first step is to place the fryer for pre-heating.
- Wash the turkey in cold water and do not forget to eliminate giblets. Use rosemary sprigs, onion as well as some Creole seasonings and stuff them inside the turkey and detach the skin from the turkey breast using fingers. Once done, place remaining sprigs and lemon slices in the separated portion.
- With the help of Creole seasonings and olive, rub the turkey skin.
- Put the bird in the basket with the neck and giblet placed in the bottom. After this, place the thermometer in the densest part of the turkey breast area. See that the gadget is not in touch with any bone.
- Ensure to lace the drip pan below to keep your floor cleaning during this process.
- Insert this basket into the fryer and allow it to cook for around 3 hours. See the instructions booklet to understand the temperature requirements.
- Once ready, take the basket out and let it cool down for few minutes.
While the turkey is being cooked in the fryer, you can go ahead with making delicious gravy to go with it. When I cook turkey I use an oil less electric fryer, knowing that it has immense benefits. Try the same for yourself next time and see the difference.